Sunday, May 04, 2008

Watch your tongue!

Confused

Are you confused with the pronunciation we Malaysian pronounced in our daily life?

Sometimes, I just get confused with the words they pronounce and now and then, I get mixed up with the true meaning the word really carries.

Would you prefer ‘stainless steel’ or ‘standard steel’? I always hear Malaysian speaking of ‘standard steel’ instead of ‘stainless steel’. At that moment, I thought they were tongue-tied. Ha-ha. They carry different meaning if they are differently pronounced.

There is another situation where I often hear people saying ‘as accuse me’ rather than ‘excuse me’. Wow. Isn’t that a very funny and awkward moment for other people to listen to you saying “as accuse me”?

As the Malaysian University English Test, MUET is coming soon. To Malaysians, whether they are retaking the MUET exam or not, I still hope that you mend with your pronunciation in your life.

0 comments: