Saturday, April 12, 2008

TeoChew Ban and Hee Pheh Kah


Do you like Teo Chew Opera? Do you understand what they are talking about? Aha! Obviously, you don’t.

I attended the birthday of a god, which we used to call ‘Xuan Tian Shang Di’ on Friday. Before we have our dinner course, they performed the Teo Chew Opera. It was great.

The outfit they wore, so elegant, the robe they wore in which the Emperor wore thousand years back. They have the swords; the horses made of fabric, the most astoundingly make-up and others which I do not know how to describe. Sorry for this!

Hee Pheh Kah which means the stage below the acting stage of the Teo Chew Opera and the changing cum make-up space on the stage. You can see many hanging little bed below the stage. The actors and actress of the opera sleep there! Can you imagine?

I cannot elaborate more than I can think of... because I just do not know how to. I just hope you like the video of Teo Chew Pan.

0 comments: