Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dear Diary, today.. I'm gonna help people by passing this on and on...

Something can be staring you in the face...
When I was ten, my most prized possession was my football – I ate with it, slept with it and I polished it weekly ... instead of my shoes. I knew all about football – but on some other things, like where babies came from, I was a little hazy.

One afternoon I was playing in the street and I lost my precious ball. I looked everywhere. I figured someone had stolen it.

Eventually I spotted a woman who seemed to be hiding it under her jacket. So I marched up and ask her: “what do you think you’re doing with my football stuck up your shirt?”

It turned out that she didn’t have my football ... but that afternoon I learned where babies come from – and what a woman looks like when she is nine months pregnant,

Later that day, I also found my ball.

What fascinated me most of all, was why I had never noticed a pregnant woman before the age of ten ... and why, from then onward, I seemed to be surrounded by them...

In a nutshell
We reach points in our life when we are ready for new information. Until then, something can be staring us in the face but we don’t see it.

0 comments: